I am using News & Experts to help me promote my book, “FUELING AMERICA, An Insider’s Journey” and my message on the importance of renewable energy.
I was asked by News & Experts to fill out a questionnaire to assist them in developing a publicity campaign for me. One interesting questions was ” Is there anything going on in the media right now that ties into your message?
My response: Pope Francis, Presidents, Prime Ministers, Scientists and CEO’s are all discussing global warming, climate change and the topic of energy in the media. The following are a list of quotes and tweets by various dignitaries in chronological order:
• January 17, 2017 – During his confirmation hearing for Secretary of State, former ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson said climate change exists — its future impact is just hard to predict. “I came to my personal position over about 20 years as an engineer and a scientist, understanding the evolution of the science, came to the conclusion a few years ago the risk of climate change does exist, and that the consequences could be serious enough that action should be taken,” Tillerson said during his confirmation hearing.
• January 18, 2017 – People’s Republic of China (PRC) President Xi Jinping, “he world must not allow the Paris climate deal to be “derailed” or continue to inflict irreparable damage on the environment.”
• June 1, 2017 – U.S. President Donald Trump, “As President, I can put no other consideration before the well being of American citizens. The Paris Climate Accord is simply the latest example of Washington entering into an agreement that disadvantages the United States to the exclusive benefit of other countries, leaving American workers — who I love — and taxpayers to absorb the cost in terms of lost jobs, lower wages, shuttered factories, and vastly diminished economic production.”
• March 8, 2018 – “There’s no other issue with the potential to disrupt our industry on such a deep and fundamental level,” Royal Dutch Shell Chief Executive Ben van Beurden said of climate change and the need to help meet the Paris climate accord goals, even though the United States plans to split from the agreement under the Trump administration.
• April 25, 2018 – French President Emmanuel Macron, “By polluting the oceans, not mitigating CO2 emissions and destroying our biodiversity, we are killing our planet. Let us face it, there is no plan B.”
• June 9, 2018 – Pope Francis, “Our desire to ensure energy for all must not lead to the undesired effect of a spiral of extreme climate changes due to a catastrophic rise in global temperatures, harsher environments and increased levels of poverty.”
• June 19, 2018 – German Chancellor Angela Merkel, “We know climate change isn’t a matter of faith, it’s a fact.”
• September 12, 2018 – California Governor Jerry Brown hosted a climate action conference to address global warming.
• October 8, 2018 – United Nations International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) – Special report on the impacts of global warming.
• October 16, 2018 – “I think something’s happening. Something’s changing and it’ll change back again. I don’t think it’s a hoax, I think there’s probably a difference. But I don’t know that it’s man made.” Quote from U.S. President Donald Trump in an interview with Leslie Stahl on 60 Minutes.
• November 21, 2018 – “Whatever happened to Global Warming?” Tweet from U.S. President Donald Trump following record cold temperatures in the Northeast.
• November 21, 2018 – “This demonstrates once again that Donald Trump is not an individual to be taken seriously on any topic, let alone matters as serious as climate change.” Quote from Michael Mann, climate scientist at Pennsylvania State University.